Who can apply?
Research Visas are given to Research Professors or Scholars and participants attending research Conferences/Seminars/Workshops. Applicants are requested to apply at least six weeks before their date of departure to India and visas will be valid for entry into India four weeks after issue. Validity of the visa would be as per the research period.
Spouse and dependent family members accompanying the applicant must apply for an Entry visa (NOT Tourist visa), co-terminus with the period of the principal visa holder.
- Online Visa application form duly filled and signed by the applicant.
- The application should be printed on 2 separate sheet of paper.
- Make Sure you filled the form correctly otherwise it will not be accepted, As BLS International are not allowed to modify any details.
- One recent colour passport size 3.5cm X 4.5cm photograph in colour, showing full frontal view of face against a white background to be pasted on the application form. Photograph should not be stapled. To know more about photo specification click here
- Current Valid passport with minimum of 180 days validity and two blank pages. Last two observation pages are not considered.
- Proof of address
All Applicants need to submit a photocopy with proof of residence/address that matches the present address on the visa application
Examples for Address proof: State Issued Identity cards i.e. Driving licence, Utility Bills for water, Gas, Electric, Sewage. Copy of Valid Lease, with signature of Landlord AND tenant to be provided. Do not cut any document to smaller size like Driving size, passport copy.
Note: The following documents are not considered as address proof.
- Cell phone bill, credit card Statement and bank Statement.
- The address cannot include a P.O. Box
- The applicant should apply with the subject of their research project, details of places to be visited, previous visits, whether the scholar has secured admission into a recognized or reputed institution and evidence of financial resources.
- Original letter of admission is require at the time of submission of application. Emails or photocopies of admission letters will not be accepted
- A Performa (seven copies) is also to be filled in and submitted along with the visa application. To download the research Performa click here
- In case of Professors/Scholars: applicant should have an invitation from a central education institution or publically funded State University.
- In case of Participants attending conference/seminar/workshop being organized in India by any Ministry/Department of the Government of India, State Governments, Central Education Institutions, Public Sector Undertakings, Public-funded Universities or an organization owned and controlled by the Government of India or State Governments, United Nations or its Specialized Agencies and NGO. The decision of granting visas in this category rests with the Mission.
- Dual Citizenship
- Applicants who have dual citizenship with the Russian and another country must apply on their Russian passport, if living in the Russian .
- Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Pakistan. Persons who have held Pakistani citizenship, and have also acquired Russian nationalsship must apply for a visa on their Pakistani passport, with the only exception being for those that can prove that they have renounced their Pakistani citizenship with a copy of their renunciation certificate. Please click here to download the Special Pakistan application form.
- For Sri Lankan Passport holders/Person of Sri Lankan origin:
Dully filled and signed Sri Lankan Additional Form. Please click here to download the additional srilankan application form.
- For Bangladeshi Passport Holders
Citizen of Bangladesh are required to fill special Bangladeshi form (2 copies with 2 photos). Please click here to download the additional Bangladeshi form.
- Applicants who are not citizens/residents of the Russia and hold a tourist or other short-term visa for the Russia should normally apply for Indian visas in the country of their permanent residence.
- Non Russian nationals if holding permanent resident card: If you are a non-Russian nationals, then you must provide a copy of one of the following documents:
- Your Permanent Resident Card (both sides),
- Employment authorization card or copy of page showing H1 / H4, L1/L2, F1/F2, J1/J2 etc.
Application for submission of documents for visa may be filed by the applicant in person OR through accredited travel Agency OR by a Notarized Power of Attorney
Visa Fee Schedule
- Russian short term visa (Non-Russian nationals) holders will be charged a reference fee of $20.00 in addition to the total fees.
- Russian Green card holders and those who have a Russian long term visa (3 years or more) will not be charged the reference fee.
- In cases where prior reference is required, the processing time is usually 4-6 working days.
- Citizen of Czech Republic and Slovak Republic, processing time is a minimum of 21 working days.
- It is strongly recommended that Non –Russian nationals apply for the shortest duration available.
- Bhutan and Nepal do not need a visa to enter India.
- The normal processing for Russian nationals born in the Russian is usually 24-48 hours.
- Persons of Indian Origin, Russian nationals who require a reference and all Non-Russian nationals have a minimum processing time of one to two weeks, and some cases may take longer.
- Non-refundable tickets or reservations should not be purchased until all visas and passports are secured in your possession
- Special category countries:
Special category countries
Visa not required except when entering from China and that too gratis
Visa not required
(3 MONTH/6MONTH)- RUB 3755
Research Visa Fee
Processing TimeThe Processing time is a normal processing time, however this processing time is dependent on various factors, such as city of application, place of previous issue of your old passport, your current visa status etc, and may vary from time to time. Processing time mentioned here, do not include delivery time taken by courier companies. Incomplete applications will lead to delay of processing time and applicants will need to comply with any changes in the procedure that may occur during this time.
You are requested to make your travel arrangements only after receiving relevant service. BLS/EOI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections.
The normal processing time is eight to ten working days for all types of visas including Research visa provided all documents are in order. However, issuance of visa to foreign nationals is subject to procedures and will take longer.
Note: The Processing time mentioned above is a general processing time however this processing time is dependent on various factors and may vary from time to time.
Processing time mentioned above, do not include time taken by courier companies to deliver the passport. Incomplete/ Incorrect applications will increase the processing time and applicants will need to comply with any changes in the procedure that may occur during this time.
Passport application center will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections.
Click below mention links to download form
Online Visa Application Click here to fill online