A Medical Visa is given to those who are travelling to India for seeking medical treatment in reputed/recognized specialized hospitals/treatment centers in India.
Up to two attendants who are blood relatives are allowed to accompany the applicant under Medical Attendant visas, and the Medical Attendant visa will have the same validity as the Medical visa.
The list of ailments would be neuro-surgery; ophthalmic disorders; heart-related problems; renal disorders; organ transplantation; congenital disorders; gene-therapy; radio-therapy; plastic surgery; joint replacement, etc.
The initial duration of the visa is up to a year or the period of the treatment, whichever is less. The visa will be valid for a maximum of 3 entries during the 1 year.
- Online Visa application form duly filled and signed by the applicant.
- The application should be printed on 2 separate sheet of paper.
- Make Sure you filled the form correctly otherwise it will not be accepted, As BLS International are not allowed to modify any details.
- One recent colour passport size (about 3.5 X 4.5 cm) photograph in colour, showing full frontal view of face against a white background to be pasted on the application form. Photograph should not be stapled. To know more about photo specification click here.
- Current Valid passport with minimum of 180 days validity and two blank pages. Last two observation pages are not considered.
- Proof of address:
All Applicants need to submit a photocopy with proof of residence/address that matches the present address on the visa application
Examples for Address proof: State Issued Identity cards i.e. Driving licence, Utility Bills for water, Gas, Electric, Sewage. Copy of Valid Lease, with signature of Landlord AND tenant to be provided,
Note: The following documents are not considered as address proof.
- Cell phone bill, credit card Statement and bank Statement.
- The address cannot include a P.O. Box
- For minors below 18 of age: Birth certificate copy or any government issued document which shows parents name, date of birth and nationality.
- Russian Born: Only birth certificates are accepted for applicants born in the Russian .
- India Born: Those born in India can use their birth certificate, old Indian passport or school leaving certificate
- All Others Citizens: The minor applicant not born in the Russian or India should submit a birth certificate or any government document from the country of origin that has parents name, date of birth and nationality. The documents must be translated into English and notarized.
Note: Please do not submit the originals as BLS international is not responsible for any loss.
- For Minor below 18 of age:
- A copy of the vital page(s) containing the picture and signature page of both parents signed passports.
- Visa applications for minors should contain both parent's signatures which have been duly notarized with a notary stamp and seal.
- Applicant holding Dual Citizenship: Applicants who have dual citizenship with the Russian and another country must apply on their Russian passport, if living in the Russian except for applicants who hold dual citizenship with Pakistan. Pakistani citizens who have also acquired Russian nationalsship must apply for a visa on their Pakistani passport only
Condition and Exceptions:
- The only exception if applicant can prove that they have renounced their Pakistani citizenship with a copy of their renunciation certificate.
- Absence of Pakistani passport or an expired Pakistani passport is not considered proof of renunciation of Pakistani nationality.
- If applying on the Pakistani passport it is required to complete the Special Pakistan application, and submit all requirements mention in the application form
- Please click here for the Special Pakistan application: https://www.indian-visa.com/pdf/Pakistan.pdf
- For Sri Lankan Passport holders/Person of Sri Lankan origin:
Dully Filled Sri Lankan Additional Form. Please click here to download the additional srilankan application form.
- for Bangladeshi Passport Holders
Citizen of Bangladesh are required to fill special Bangladeshi form (2 copies with 2 photos). Please click here to download the additional Bangladeshi form.
- A certificate of preliminary medical advice from the country of origin/country of residence that shows the applicant has been advised to go for specialized medical treatment. In cases where the applicant desires to go for treatment under the Indian system of Medicine, the case may also be considered.
- Applicants planning to travel in the following areas in India will need to apply for a special protected / restricted area permit. Arunachal Pradesh, Parts of Himachal Pradesh, Parts of Jammu and Kashmir, Parts of Rajasthan, Sikkim and Parts of Uttarakhand. A completed Protected Area Permit Form is required. To download the form click here
- Non Russian nationals: If you are a non-Russian nationals, then you must provide a copy of one of the following documents:
• your Permanent Resident Card (both sides),
• Employment authorization card or copy of page showing H1 / H4, L1/L2, F1/F2, J1/J2 etc.
- Applicants who are not citizens/residents of the Russia and hold a tourist or other short-term visa for the Russia should normally apply for Indian visas in the country of their permanent residence.
Application for submission of documents for visa may be filed by the applicant in person OR through accredited travel Agency OR by a Notarized Power of Attorney
Visa Fee Schedule
- Russian short term visa (Non-Russian nationals) holders will be charged a reference fee of $20.00 in addition to the total fees.
- Russian Green card holders and those who have a Russian long term visa (3 years or more) will not be charged the reference fee
- In cases where prior reference is required, the processing time is usually 4-6 working days.
- Citizen of Czech Republic and Slovak Republic, processing time is a minimum of 21 working days.
- It is strongly recommended that Non –Russian nationals apply for the shortest duration available
Bhutan and Nepal do not need a visa to enter India.
- Special category countries:
Special category countries
Visa not required except when entering from China and that too gratis
Visa not required
(3 MONTH/6MONTH)- RUB 3755
Medical visa Fee
The Processing time is a normal processing time, however this processing time is dependent on various factors, such as city of application, place of previous issue of your old passport, your current visa status etc, and may vary from time to time. Processing time mentioned here, do not include delivery time taken by courier companies. Incomplete applications will lead to delay of processing time and applicants will need to comply with any changes in the procedure that may occur during this time.
You are requested to make your travel arrangements only after receiving relevant service. BLS/EOI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections.
The normal processing time is eight to ten working days for all types of visas including Medical visa provided all documents are in order. However, issuance of visa to foreign nationals is subject to procedures and will take longer.
Note: The Processing time mentioned above is a general processing time however this processing time is dependent on various factors and may vary from time to time.
Processing time mentioned above, do not include time taken by courier companies to deliver the passport. Incomplete/ Incorrect applications will increase the processing time and applicants will need to comply with any changes in the procedure that may occur during this time.
Passport application center will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections.
Click below mention links to download form
Online Visa Application Click here to fill online